Navigating the murky waters of the digital career landscape is a formidable challenge. Many career paths were not there 10 years back. Many are slated not to be there in the next 10. Many, like journalism and communications, have fundamentally changed. Traditional methods of “finding your way through the maze” will not work anymore.
- Don’t spend 2 years finding your major and 4-years to practice your trade
- Don’t wait till graduation to kick-start your career
- Don’t let your precious college degree just “open doors”
- Don’t let your student debt pile up as you “find yourself”
Instead, build a rewarding career with these simple four-step process.
- Find your niche – find something you’re good at and love to do.
- Deep dive – gain expertise in your chosen field/vocation.
- Start earning – First foot in the door. Start earning practicing your trade.
- Gain mastery – become better at what you do. Master of your trade.
If it was so simple, why is there so much confusion? Why 2 out of 3 people have a career in a field that was not their major? Why do people, 8 months in their job, think about changing career paths?
Because most stumble on step 1.
There are two major reasons behind this epic fail. First is (un-intuitively) not lack of information. It’s the opposite i.e. too much of it. The internet is flat. People get swayed by buzzwords picked up from ads. By peers or parents. Or by misleading survivor-biased coverage. Second, unlike yesteryears, unlike what traditional colleges permit, students cannot take two years to decide what they want to be and four years until you graduate to practice that trade. Because it takes so much time, students tend to just stick to their decision, like a marriage of convenience, of a career choice, even when there are early indications that it’s not their “true love”.
There’s got to be a better way.
You need tools, mental models, peers and mentors and guidance to filter, process, make sense of and make the most of the information. When choosing a career, you need to have a much more agile approach driven by rapid inspection and adaptation and complete 100% transparency.
We can do better. Much better and save time, money (read, Student Debt), effort. Anguish. Touchstone is a Real-World-Ready digital career accelerator program, uniquely designed from the ground up to help you choose a career path that is best suited for you, and provide a holistic 360-degree support as you take on the Epic journey from choosing your niche to successfully practicing your trade in your chosen vocation.
Who’ll benefit from this program
- You’re just starting college. And you don’t know what you want to be. You know the huge opportunities in i.t. just don’t know where to start.
- You’ve just finished college with “a degree”. You’ve no clue what you really like to be. The major you declared does not “feel right”.
- You’re in the wrong profession. It’s dying. You can feel it. Or, it’s not dying. But you feel you are. You are working without a purpose. You want to change direction. And a career in it sounds …. Good.
- Everything in I.T. interests you. Equally. It’s an ocean out there. How do you start drinking from the ocean?
- Nothing interests you. You just want a career in it, because it pays good money.
- You’re convinced, you want a career in it. But, just don’t know where to start.
- If you’re a parent, save money, time, effort. Help your kids make up their mind – fast.
This program is for you.
Key Take Aways
Touchstone is a simple subscription service that Traditional colleges can “plug in” to their system or students can just avail themselves, Touchstone gives you the following:
- Strategy and tools to navigate the ever-changing digital landscape with confidence.
- A solid foundation to become comfortable with it.
- A step-by-step guide to figuring out your niche.
- A step-by-step guide to going deep in your chosen vocation
- Step-by-step roadmap and ecosystem to become real-world-ready from beginner to a working professional